Local News & Sports | Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Published on: 02/08/2023
This news was posted by Oregon Today News and Calendar of Events
Here we are. A Wednesday, Feb. 8th, Hump Day for some, but more importantly, just five days to go to Super Bowl Sunday. Get out your pom-poms and watch the NFL season fade faster than the sunset this coming Sunday, Feb. 12th. Seems like a long season accumulating with this time-honored event at Glendale, Arizona. To me, the game isn't as fun as the opportunity to get together with family and friends. It's a celebration in that regard, and the score well let's just say someone has to win and they'll have their parade. Let's hope it doesn't rain on that parade. Speaking about rain, here's the forecast... A mix of clouds and sun along the South Oregon Coast this morning but giving way to cloudy skies by afternoon. Highs in the mid 50s and winds out of the East to Northeast at 5-10 mph. Partly cloudy tonight with lows in the mid 30s and winds light and variable. Partly cloudy Thursday early, then becoming cloudy with periods of rain later in the day. Best get to the news...
- Got your sunrise/sunset times for the South Oregon Coast as well as the tide info for the Coos Bay estuary.
- Sewer work today on 19th St. in Coos Bay. Something to watch out for.
- Work coming to Ninth Ave. in Eastside this month.
- Wednesdays are a BACC WBC Forum day.
- Coos Co. Board of Commissioners have a session this morning regarding Opioid Settlement Monday.
- Cupcake Wars at NBPL this afternoon. No, not what you think.
- Scenic Bikeways Committee meets in Salem today. Want to talk bike access?
- Incorporating Mindfulness into social justice classes the topic of the OSU Science Pub tonight.
- Coos Co. Airport District seeking volunteers to serve on its budget committee.
- An update on the individual who stole a vehicle in the Bay Area and eluded police. He was arrested at Newport and brought back to the South Coast.
- Police logs still show UEMVs and burglaries. Also on the logs, warrant arrests, criminal trespass, shoplifter, fight and more
- In sports, prep basketball polls for this week. Included are the 3A polls so you can see who might be coming to the Bay Area for the 3A Tournament March 2-4.
- High school basketball last night saw Marshfield get two wins and North Bend two losses.
Another note on the Super Bowl. The telecast is on Fox this year and for those who are a Dish customer, you might want to be making alternative plans because you will not get the game. Dish and Fox are squabbling, and the consumer is again the one left out in the cold, or in this case the heat of the Desert. We don't have Dish at our home and like we do each year, we'll visit family and friends, have some great snacks, make up one of those 25-cent pools so we can all track the score and probably really not pay that much attention to the game. Thank goodness for replay. Have a good Wednesday. Take care.
Other Related News
Gardening season is just around the corner, and you may have questions as you prepare for ...
New Orleans Pelicans’ CJ McCollum appeared to be quite pleased that the Portlan...
Walk-off fun: Oregon State Beavers beat Cal Bears with 9th-inning drama to earn 1st Pac-12 baseball series win
The week started with a simple plea to have a little fun. It ended with one of the more e...
Tristan Begg was an anthropology student at UC Santa Cruz and a Beethoven fanatic when he ...