Local News & Sports | Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Published on: 02/07/2023
This news was posted by Oregon Today News and Calendar of Events
A week from today is Valentine's Day, but also Oregon's birthday. Gee, which do you think will gain the most attention? Let's check the weather for today... Periods of rain along the South Oregon Coast with highs near 50 and winds out of the South to Southwest at 10-20 mph. Mostly cloudy tonight with lows in the mid 30s and winds light and variable. Intervals of clouds and sunshine on Wednesday with highs in the mid 50s. And, off to the news...
- It's a ten-ten day, ten-hours and ten-minutes of daylight. Now what are we going to do with it?
- City of Coos Bay has several projects getting underway this week, pedestrians and motorists should note.
- Coos Co. Board of Commissioners meet this morning at Coquille.
- Coos Bay City Council meets tonight as does the city's Urban Renewal Agency which is basically the City Council. Appointments to the Planning Commission and the County's URA on the agenda.
- An on-line lecture offered for the Coos History Museum's First Tuesday of the Month "Talks."
- Public meeting on the Central Coast tonight regarding the Spring All-Depth Halibut Season.
- OSU has a report on early human migration from Asia to North America and how climate played a role.
- Virtual meeting tonight regarding the Western Oregon State Forests Managment Plan.
- Another report from OSU. This one on the damage caused by a Heat dome as compared to a drought regarding damage to trees in the Pacific Northwest.
- Remains from 1989 identified in Sherman Co.
- USCG actively involved in a search for a missing male at Willapa Bay. Sector North Bend participated in the search.
- Report on Fentanyl seizures in Douglas Co.
- Warrant service in Lakeside.
- Vehicle stolen from Bay Area dealership.
- Police logs show criminal trespassing, warrant arrests, burglaries, arrests, & menacing.
- In sports, all Bay Area prep basketball teams are at home tonight.
- Duck volleyball has a transfer from OSU, but it's Ohio State.
- Oregon State volleyball has completed its staff for the 2023 season.
For the complete stories on the above-mentioned topics, just scroll down and click on "Visit JC News" it will take you to the main story page. Also, feel free to share this news with others. It just keeps growing by leaps and bounds. We had another 1,900 added to the inventory just last week. It's kind of like breakfast in the Bay Area. We love our breakfast, but we also love morning news with a cup of coffee. You brew the coffee, and we'll provide the reading material. Thank you for reading. Take care.
Other Related News
Gardening season is just around the corner, and you may have questions as you prepare for ...
New Orleans Pelicans’ CJ McCollum appeared to be quite pleased that the Portlan...
Walk-off fun: Oregon State Beavers beat Cal Bears with 9th-inning drama to earn 1st Pac-12 baseball series win
The week started with a simple plea to have a little fun. It ended with one of the more e...
Tristan Begg was an anthropology student at UC Santa Cruz and a Beethoven fanatic when he ...